Skip to main content

Introductory Post



First off, above anything else, I am a learner! Each connection or collaboration opportunity, I am lucky enough to have is another chance for me to grow as a person and an educator. That song from Wicked - For Good (and if you totally hate show tunes, do not click on the link) - truly explains my approach to teaching and learning. I am all about it! With that said I am incredibly excited to share my discoveries with you and I look forward to gaining much insight from each of you.


My educational journey has earned me to advanced degrees, Educational Technology, and Administrative Leadership. I am also a Level 2 Google Certified Educator, the Professional Development Co-Chair for Illinois Computing Educators (ICE) and have taken more online courses than I care to admit! I am an avid Twitter and Google Plus user which allows me to stay current in movements in both education.


My professional journey has afforded me the chance to work with teachers in many different educational settings including - Chicago Public School system, independent schools, districts both big and small as a teacher and administrator. I have discovered a joy in teaching and learning adult learners when I was working with Senior Citizens in the evenings on Windows 95 machines where they desperately wanted to learn to play solitaire! My work that combines my love of working with adults and redefining education is where her passion, mission, profession, and vocation all intersect!


Currently, I am Digital Learning Coach from Lemont-Bromberek SD113a but I also collaborate with many districts on unique ventures, one really fun project I work with is titled "Unconference your District", where I visit a school and support and an "edcamp" just for them! Now I am more ready than ever to collaborate with leaders, learners, leaps and bounders such as all of you!


My preferred contact information is via our course inbox (left-hand side of the Canvas area) or email: kimdarche@stfrancis.edu.

Please contact me if you have any questions.



Comments